Friday, April 6, 2018

Matthew Mcghie bio

WWW.ONLYROCKRADIO.COM
Hello Only Rock Radio,Here is a blog post/interview with Matthew Mcghie:

What's your name?
My name is Matthew Mcghie.
Where are you from?
I am from Corby, Northamptonshire, in England. But I was born in Kettering.

Tell us how your journey has been from your beginnings until now.
My journey began when I first started playing and got in bands many moons ago. I bought a bass guitar when I was 16 and practiced it like mad until I got to a decent level where I could play within a band. I’ve always loved music ever since I was a boy. I played in a ton of bands some original and covers. When I was 22 I moved up to Edinburgh with my ex partner and since then I’ve felt music has become a lot more serious and professional in my life. I played in a couple of bands and did many recordings and live shows. First band I played in Edinburgh was a psychedelic, kraut-rock band called ‘The Eye Of The Duck’. In this band I met some very interesting people and musicians who introduced me to the Edinburgh live scene. From there I moved on to play in a soundscape band called ‘Spaceface’. From there I went on to be a founding member of instrumental post rock band ‘Three Days From Retirement’ in 2014. I still currently play bass with 3DFR, but behind the scenes I’ve always been practicing and playing acoustic guitar. I’ve always been a huge fan of the instrument and it’s always something I’ve enjoyed playing. In the last 2 years I’ve been practicing and singing with the acoustic and developing my playing and songwriting.


Tell us about your musical style, influences.
Musical styles on the acoustic is basically me playing chords, on some songs looping these chords and playing some lead over them with a bit of delay and reverb. Gonna add distortion into the sound soon.
My musical influences vary, I actually like a million different bands and artists and love many, many songs. I have spent a lot of time listening and digging tunes that give me a good overwhelming feeling inside. Some band and acts that have struck a chord with me over time would be Oasis, Echo And The Bunnymen, This Will Destroy you, The Beach Boys, Editors and many more. My musical taste is completely open and I enjoy a good percentage of tunes from different genres. Got a lot of love for 80s music specially.
What has been your last project?Three Days From Retirement and my own solo stuff.

And the next thing you have planned?
My future plans are practicing and fine tuning new songs that I have already written with a view to recording an album either at the end of this year or start of next, then to release that and tour the UK. Until then, I’ll be playing a lot of gigs, as many as I can and hopefully get my music out to as many people as possible.

Upcoming concerts, events
Next shows I have lined up are at the end of May when I’ll be playing ‘Infinite Hive Music’s’ acoustic showcase at the ‘Banshee Labyrinth’ in Edinburgh on Saturday May 25th. And then I have another gig at the ‘Last Word Saloon Bar’ In Edinburgh on Thursday 31st May. I will also be supporting my friend ‘Ben Inglis’ at his EP launch at ‘Purple Orange’ in Bathgate on the 30th of June.

What else?
Peace on Earth and goodwill to all humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment